It was 75 years ago that the famous Swedish author Astrid Lindgren first published the story of Pippi Longstocking. To celebrate her 75th birthday, The Astrid Lindgren Company and Save the Children launched the Pippi of Today initiative, inviting partners across the globe to join them and help empower young girls all over the world. All funds raised through this campaign go to Save the Children's work for girls on the move: The Pippis of today.
Designed to pass on the bold and brave spirit of Pippi to all little adventurers who wear them, the limited edition Pippi Longstocking Houdi is a special version of our most-loved classic fleece hoodie, made in the same high-quality fabric from Polartec. Uniquely available in Rullgardina Orange and enriched with Pippi embroidery. 10% of every garment sold will go to Save the Children’s work to support girls on the move.
Power Houdi is the classic Houdini fleece jacket, loved by everyone from mountain guides to gardeners. The kids version features the same outstanding performance fabric and smart detailing, just in smaller sizes.
The Power Houdi has remained virtually unchanged since its launch 15 years ago. The versatile functionality, timeless aesthetics and durable quality make it into one of those items that simply don’t need to be replaced. Kids Power Houdi will keep your little adventurers warm and comfy all year round.
Kids Power Houdi is made in Power Stretch® Pro™ from Polartec. We have never encountered a better fleece fabric. It has a smooth, almost indestructible outside and a cozy, warm and fluffy inside. The Bluesign® certification makes sure that no harmful chemicals are used in the production process. It’s the perfect garment to wear under a winter jacket or to stay warm on chilly summer evenings. Extended sleeves with thumb loops will keep little hands warm and the high collar provides comfort in cold weather.
Kids Power Houdi can be used for many years and passed on over and over again when they grow out of it. The reason why we love Power Houdi is that it becomes more than just a piece of clothing in a wardrobe - it becomes a companion.
- Regular fit
- Excellent warmth-to-weight ratio
- Durable face
- Moisture-wicking fleece inside
- Shaped collar
- Detachable hood with buttons
- Extended sleeves with thumb loops
- Draw cord in bottom hem and hood
- Zippered side pockets
- Bluesign® approved fabric
- Weight: 190 g
- Fabric production: Italy
- Garment production: Latvia
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Polartec® Power Stretch Pro®
Soft and supple microfiber stretch fleece insulation with an instant dry feeling and a jersey face with superior durability.
- Origin: Italy
- 57% polyester, 33% polyamide, 10% elastane
- Weight: 246 g/sqm
- Excellent breathability
- Active moisture management
- Quick dry bi-component construction
- Wicking microfleece inside
- 4-way stretch
- Durable polyamide face
- Bluesign® certified
Base layers, everyday garments and fleece made of synthetic fabrics
When washing clothes made of synthetic fabrics, the use of a washing bag becomes even more important: It prevents microplastics from entering into rivers and oceans.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in dryer. This exposes both the garment and the environment to unnecessary wear and tear. Most polyester garments dry quickly anyway.
- Hang dry.